Tuesday, July 5, 2011

an entry worth mentioning...

so late one night i was buried in my old journals, laughing, cringing, gasping, and even sweating at times. i felt like i was reliving some of the experiences as i read them. i kept stuffing my face in my pillow because i was so embarrassed for myself. well i came along an entry that i just had to share. the year was 2000- i was in 8th grade and to say i was "in love" with this one particular guy would be an understatement. his name filled the pages of my journals with sob stories of how he will never love me like i love him (oh please). but get this...the end of my love affair with him ended with one simple bodily function. and i even wrote a poem about it to prove it.

i wish i could scan the exact entry but my handwriting, embarrassed to say resembles a 2nd grader (and still does i'm told) and it is pretty much illegible.

but here is what was said: (warning...if you get offended easily about potty humor, don't continue)

...so (blank) came over with everyone and we had a dance party. and when he wasn't looking at me and I was looking at him- HE TOTALLY FARTED. i am so turned off! and i wrote a poem about it.

fart
i don't know how my feelings started, but they ended when you farted
the feeling vanished in my gut when you opened up your butt
i wish my ears were on mute when you let out that large, enormous toot
it's amazing what a fart can do
now i have no interest in you

wow. i am so glad to see that i have matured since then.

4 comments:

  1. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, that poem is HYSTERICAL!!! HYSTERICAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...your poem wins! After all these years I think we should tell "whats his name" this little story :)

    ReplyDelete