Thursday, June 23, 2011

first post...big moment!

 
welcome to my blog. i may or may not know you...but shoes off and welcome. i hope that this blog brings you some sort of comfort...not from my words of wisdom; which i have none and not for my ability to take you into another magical world which i cannot do (only J.K Rowling can do that) and not for my incredible writing skills-which you will notice soon, i am lacking in as well (punctuation, spelling and grammar are NOT my fortes) but comfort in a way to know that you are not the only one who feels like a huge DORK. and may i emphisize that when i say "dork"...i don't mean "nerdy"...i am not talking about an action figure, rock collector or a star wars quoter. i am talking about the kind of a dork that really tries to seem like they have it all together but still manages to fall both up and down the stairs, says the wrong things at the wrong times, figits, has some big black seed in their two front teeth while laughing and smiling at everyone with such ease, plugs the public toilet, passes gas at the most in-opportune time, cracks jokes and the only response are crickets, rips their jeans in half while doing squats, and so on. That is me...such a dork. don't get me wrong. i do not have a low self esteam. i know of my self worth but let me tell you...i have had enough humble pies to last me the rest of my thanksgivings. it is crazy the things i can and cannot remember. my husband always teases me saying that i can remember what i wore on the first day of jr. high but i cannot remember my social. well-kinda true. but so what. that is why i have decided to blog- about memories and my everyday experiences and thoughts-lame as they may or may not be- whether they are read by one person (my sister who gave me the idea to do this blog), maybe three close friends, my children when they are older, several people, or nobody...there will be a blog made by me-a big dork in sheeps clothing.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this! I was cracking up at my desk...got some looks. No shame. This is gonna be fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gonna be fun, Rach! I can only imagine what's in store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now a fan!!! You already made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see you finally putting your hilarious life experiences on papaer! This is going to be fun! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete